Tuesday, August 23, 2011

On the Road Again

We headed back to Las Vegas. Since Burke REALLY hates the carseat (read-screams the whole time, and no, doesn't fall asleep) we made several stops along the way. Even though I have driven between Las Vegas & UT countless times during my time away at school, I never actually stopped at Cove Fort. It is the historical location of a fort founded in 1867 as a way station between Fillmore, UT & Beaver, UT. The weather was perfect, and we were able to take a tour through the buildings with the missionaries there. The couple that took us happen to be from my parents' stake in Las Vegas.

Leoni trying out a covered wagon


Burke briefly sitting with Leoni


We also needed some sustenance, so we stopped at Smashburger. Leoni loved the fry sauce (no, I don't mean ketchup) so much, she even dipped her mustard/ketchup covered burger bun in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment