Wednesday, October 31, 2012

First Family Trip to Disneyland


Those who have been to Disneyland either love it or they don't.  There is not a lot of in between.  I (Lindsay) happen to be of the "love it" camp.  Disneyland is full of great memories and nostalgia, and I hope that I can continue to create similar memories with my children.  

Growing up, I attended year-round school, which meant we had a break in October.  It was always a great time to visit my grandparents in California and a perfect time to visit Disneyland with greatly decreased crowds.  When we realized that the Eid holiday would fall in October this year, we decided that a trip to Disneyland would fit in nicely for the first time as a family.  We spent two days in Disneyland and California Adventure.  We were joined by my parents as well as my sister and her family.  In addition, my brothers & their wives joined up with us on the second day.  Here are a selection on photos from "Day 1."

Waiting for the gates to open

Leoni wasn't too fond of the loud cheering to countdown (neither was Burke)

Actually, he probably just wanted freedom to run

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was also "too loud"


She was most excited for the carousel






The teacups were also a hit

What is behind this perfectly sized door?

Trying hats at the Mad Hatter

Some people have greater enthusiasm

Preparing for Dumbo

Caught my parents enjoying themselves

The Tiki Room

Taking a break with Grandpa Nor

Some heavy lifting

Watching Pluto with Dad from afar

Grandpa Nor looks better without a facelift

Check out Coraline's mini Chucks

Leoni was loving the attention other than her younger brother

Checking out the wildlife on the Jungle Cruise


No comments:

Post a Comment