Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Live Here

I have been thinking a lot lately about the fact that I LIVE in Qatar.  When we moved here in 2009, most of our friends and family had never heard of Qatar let alone knew where it was.  When we arrived, we heard about how much Qatar had grown in the preceding few years.  That growth has increased even more, and four years later, the population has nearly doubled.  It seems like so many more people know someone who lives in Qatar, and this small little country has been brought into international news several times recently due to the World Cup 2022 announcement to the political involvement in the Middle East.  I have learned more about Islam than I knew previously, and I have made friends from all over the world.  I have a greater appreciation for my own life and the blessings that I have had.  Here are a few pictures of my city, Doha, Qatar.

A view of the Doha skyline & dhows

Doha at night

Mohammad Bin Abdulwahab Mosque (the State Mosque) at night
see a video of the inside here

A view at night from above

Camel Crossing

No comments:

Post a Comment